6 Find a program by guest, # or category
6 Category IndexFind a program by guest, # or category
6 Series IndexFind a program by guest, # or category
Kindred Spirits
Public Radio Shows
Special Packages
Walking through the Storm
6 Information
About Humanmedia.org
About the Producer
Shipping and Returns
How You Can Help
MP3 Troubleshooting
Listen to our Podcast
Podcast: More information
Conditions of Use
What's New at HumanMedia.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Us
Holistic Nurses[Program 130]
Holistic Nurses

"To me, the technical care is important. It would be malpractice to not give good technical care. But it is 10 percent of what we're there for. The other 90 percent is helping patients to get that in a way that taps into natural healing capacities, for people to feel heard, and for people to get some basic skills to be able to get through this experience."

--Eileen Stuart-Shor , Ph.D., APRN
College of Nursing and Health Sciences, Univ. Of Massachusetts

We hear from a variety of nurses about the stresses they face in today's quick-paced medical setting -- and how they struggle to find the time needed to treat the whole person. Caring for the "whole person" is a bedrock tenet of holistic nursing. It views the human spirit as a potent healing force in coping with disease. As observed by British nursing pioneer Florence Nightingale, "nature alone heals." In this program we hear the story of a Chicago-area nurse who herself has battled breast cancer and explored various complementary medicine techniques to augment her own ability to heal while also receiving mainstream treatment. We also hear insights from thoughtful nursing researchers and practitioners.

Play MP3Hear free excerpt

Order online now
Audio MP3 ($4.95)
Audio CD ($14.95)
Order now   MP3 SALE: usually $6.95

Humankind: Other programs

Share on Facebook and help spread the word about Humankind Public Radio!