- Ida B. Wells’ Battle to Uncover the TruthBorn to enslaved parents on a Mississippi plantation during the Civil War, Ida B. Wells emerged as a powerful investigative journalist. She overcame death threats and published widely in her quest to document the domestic terrorism against African Americans that…Listen Now
- The Vegetable ChroniclesThe Vegetable Chronicles: Weight of the Evidence The importance of nutrition in our health seems self-evident. But with food industry profiteering and the power of special interests, there’ve been many battles over how to inform the American public about wise food choices. We tell that tale in this two-part documentary. Awareness has grown in recent…
- Health Care With KindnessPatients often complain about rushed doctor visits and, of course, the cost of medical services. But a number of studies in recent years highlight a different concern: whether as a patient you actually experience kindness when receiving health care. And being treated with basic courtesy and compassion – especially while undergoing medical distress – was rated in one…
- Whole Teachers – Whole StudentsFaced with the deep divisions roiling America, can education that is “pro-social” provide an alternative path for healing and understanding? And can schools cultivate students’ skills for social awareness and self-reflection?
- The Present Moment with Jon Kabat-ZinnJon Kabat-Zinn, founder of the renowned Stress Reduction Clinic at the Univ. of Massachusetts Medical School, discusses how the technique of "mindfulness" can be physically and mentally therapeutic.
- Health InequalityIn this documentary, we ask why it is that the wealthiest Americans live as many as fifteen years longer than the poorest. It's a troubling question at a time when income inequality has reached levels not seen since the run up to the Great Depression. Nationwide – even with more people covered through the Affordable…
- Mr. RogersFor parents wishing to impart spiritual values to their children, Rev. Fred Rogers describes the philosophy underlying his public TV series.
- Resilient NursesA no-holds-barred look at the stressful conditions in which many nurses work: the long hours, the emotional toll, the rapid pace, and the way that technology and institutional practices can make it hard to form a caring bond with patients.
- The Power of NonviolenceThe Power of Nonviolence seeks deep solutions to this vexing problem. We turn to wisdom teachings across our great spiritual traditions for guidance—and inspiration—on how the lasting wounds can be healed.
- The Spiritual Care PodcastAnnouncing our new podcast about the fascinating field of "spiritual care". We explore how chaplains, health care providers, social workers and other caregivers work to bring a healing, supportive presence to students, medical patients, armed service members, and more.
The Vegetable Chronicles
What role has the food industry played in skewing the health information we get about wise dietary choices? You may be surprised to hear the wild history of this in our special two-part documentary, The Vegetable Chronicles. It matters because what we choose to eat profoundly affects our well-being. Enjoy listening in good health!