- Aging in Community70 million Baby Boomers are now entering their retirement years. For the first time in history, there will be more older adults than children. On this special project from Humankind public radio, you’ll hear stories of transition and dignity —…Listen Now
- Aging in Community70 million Baby Boomers are now entering their retirement years. For the first time in history, there will be more older adults than children. On this special project from Humankind public radio, you’ll hear stories of transition and dignity — and meet people who are showing the way.
- The Power of Nonviolence: Seeds of PeaceHow exactly can we build a future based on understanding and connection among people of diverse backgrounds— rather than prejudice, misinformation and suspicion that are the fuel for violence?
- Judicial IndependenceHave our courts – intended by America’s founders to be an independent arbiter of justice – turned into another political battlefield? Are today’s judges mere “politicians in robes”? This public radio documentary series looks at the challenges and proposed solutions.
- The Power of NonviolenceThe Power of Nonviolence seeks deep solutions to this vexing problem. We turn to wisdom teachings across our great spiritual traditions for guidance—and inspiration—on how the lasting wounds can be healed.
- John Lewis’ MissionKnown as the “conscience of Congress” and a civil rights icon, John Lewis died in July 2020 at age 80. The son of humble Alabama sharecroppers, John Lewis spoke from the stage on live national television at the massive March on Washington by the Lincoln Memorial in August 1963 – the day Rev. Martin Luther…
- Tree-Lined StreetsCharlie Starbuck, an affable tax attorney, single-handedly has increased the "canopy" of San Francisco by planting more than 7,500 trees, as part of the movement known as Friends of the Urban Forest.
- Resilient NursesA no-holds-barred look at the stressful conditions in which many nurses work: the long hours, the emotional toll, the rapid pace, and the way that technology and institutional practices can make it hard to form a caring bond with patients.
- Simple Relaxation ExerciseA 15-minute stress reduction session to calm the body and mind.
- Libraries ReimaginedIn 2019 Americans visited the library more often than they went to a movie or attended a sporting event. But far from institutions of the past, libraries today are rapidly evolving, ensuring free access to knowledge and protecting democracy.
Be a light-bearing, change-maker
“How many people out there are living the way that God calls you to live? Living the way that you were made to be: a divine, light-bearing, change-maker, truth-teller? You are enough just as you are.”
— Jon Batiste, while performing Tell the Truth at Global Citizen Live, Sept 26, 2021